My photo
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I simply love Yorkshire and its magnificent scenery. Every season Yorkshire has something magical to offer. There's nothing better than getting my hiking boots on and disappearing into Yorkshire's superb countryside! I take my camera everywhere with me to ensure others can appreciate the many beautiful things that I see on my breathtaking walks. My photography has been featured on ITV Calendar, BBC Look North and has been published in The Yorkshire Ridings Magazine, The Yorkshire Dalesman, Country Walking Magazine and Countryfile magazine. Some of my images have been transformed into beautiful paintings by Yorkshire artists. At the end of 2013 I was selected to be the Face of Ordnance Survey. You can see me in the 'Explore More' campaign. Follow me on Twitter: @Yorkshireimages Email enquiries: NickyBusbyPhotography@yahoo.com

Sunday, 16 June 2013

Ripley Castle - Dawn of Chivalry - 16 June 2013

It was great to visit Ripley Castle today.  The castle, gardens and lake are simply stunning! 

It was the 'Dawn of Chivalry' day today. Visitors were invited to watch a 13th century medieval tournament in the walled garden as knights tested their sword skills!


The beautiful East Wing of Ripley Castle


Knights testing their sword skills


Sir George awaiting his fate!




Preparations for the tournament


Sir George defeated!


The hot room in the walled garden

For more information about Ripley Castle visit their website here: http://www.ripleycastle.co.uk/


1 comment:

  1. Great photos Nicky, thanks for coming Please let me know next time and I'll sort Castle Tour tickets for you and yours Donna contact me didle@ripleycastle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete