My photo
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I simply love Yorkshire and its magnificent scenery. Every season Yorkshire has something magical to offer. There's nothing better than getting my hiking boots on and disappearing into Yorkshire's superb countryside! I take my camera everywhere with me to ensure others can appreciate the many beautiful things that I see on my breathtaking walks. My photography has been featured on ITV Calendar, BBC Look North and has been published in The Yorkshire Ridings Magazine, The Yorkshire Dalesman, Country Walking Magazine and Countryfile magazine. Some of my images have been transformed into beautiful paintings by Yorkshire artists. At the end of 2013 I was selected to be the Face of Ordnance Survey. You can see me in the 'Explore More' campaign. Follow me on Twitter: @Yorkshireimages Email enquiries: NickyBusbyPhotography@yahoo.com

Sunday, 10 February 2013

Malham, Yorkshire Dales

Malham is a beautiful Yorkshire Dales village surrounded by magnificent limestone scenery.  It is incredibly popular with tourists and hikers whatever the weather and is said to be one of the most famous walking areas in Britain! 

A day simply isn't long enough to explore the many wonderful things in the area.

Here is a collection of photographs from a recent 8 mile circular hike...


Scalegill, Malham


Gorgeous view from Hanlith Moor


Weets Top trig point - 1357' One of the finest vantage points in the area!


Malhamdale


Hawthorns Lane


One of the locals!


Footpath to Gordale Scar


Waterfall at Gordale Scar


 Janet's Foss waterfall, Gordale Beck


The magnificent Malham Cove (As you can see, always busy with tourists!)



The views of the valley bottom from Malham Cove



Malham Cove



The spectacular limestone cliffs of Malham Cove


The dramatic 300' limestone cliff of Malham Cove




Early evening light on the cove

It's easy to see why we love Yorkshire so much with it's multitude of breath-taking scenery! 

Every time I leave the Yorkshire Dales I have a warm glow in my heart that leaves me longing to visit time and time again!





1 comment:

  1. The landscape around Malham really is inspiring. I count my walk around there back in 2004 as the day that started my love of hill walking. For the adventurous the scramble up alongside the waterfall of Gordale Scar is also worth doing.

    ReplyDelete