My photo
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I simply love Yorkshire and its magnificent scenery. Every season Yorkshire has something magical to offer. There's nothing better than getting my hiking boots on and disappearing into Yorkshire's superb countryside! I take my camera everywhere with me to ensure others can appreciate the many beautiful things that I see on my breathtaking walks. My photography has been featured on ITV Calendar, BBC Look North and has been published in The Yorkshire Ridings Magazine, The Yorkshire Dalesman, Country Walking Magazine and Countryfile magazine. Some of my images have been transformed into beautiful paintings by Yorkshire artists. At the end of 2013 I was selected to be the Face of Ordnance Survey. You can see me in the 'Explore More' campaign. Follow me on Twitter: @Yorkshireimages Email enquiries: NickyBusbyPhotography@yahoo.com

Sunday, 12 August 2012

Yorkshire Day at Wentbridge House

It was a fabulous day at Wentbridge House on Yorkshire Day. There was so much to see and do and so many lovely Yorkshire people to converse with. 

The house dates back to the 1700's and stands in 20 acres of beautiful gardens and grounds in the Went Valley. A perfect location for Yorkshire Day!

It was a truly memorable day and I look forward to it in 2013!

Glenn Marshall and I managed to raise £165 on the day for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance.  
(For more details please refer to post dated 9th June)


I have added a few images from the day below...



Glenn Marshall, Artist and myself raising funds for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance



Mike Pannett, Author (Yorkshire Tea lover!) and myself



The team at Wentbridge judging the flat cap flinging event


Catherine was certain that this was the winner!


Jowett cars


Jowett cars promoting the Yorkshire rose in style!


The Wentbridge team enjoying a break for the flat cap flinging event



Mike Pannett and his record fling!


A surprise interview from BBC Look North! (I was unprepared for this one!)



Ian White, BBC News Presenter and myself


A lovely day in the beautiful grounds of Wentbridge House.

To see other events at Wentbridge House or to find out what's happening next year for Yorkshire Day at Wentbridge check out their website: www.wentbridgehouse.co.uk 




No comments:

Post a Comment