My photo
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I simply love Yorkshire and its magnificent scenery. Every season Yorkshire has something magical to offer. There's nothing better than getting my hiking boots on and disappearing into Yorkshire's superb countryside! I take my camera everywhere with me to ensure others can appreciate the many beautiful things that I see on my breathtaking walks. My photography has been featured on ITV Calendar, BBC Look North and has been published in The Yorkshire Ridings Magazine, The Yorkshire Dalesman, Country Walking Magazine and Countryfile magazine. Some of my images have been transformed into beautiful paintings by Yorkshire artists. At the end of 2013 I was selected to be the Face of Ordnance Survey. You can see me in the 'Explore More' campaign. Follow me on Twitter: @Yorkshireimages Email enquiries: NickyBusbyPhotography@yahoo.com

Monday, 25 June 2012

My Olympic Torch Highlights in Yorkshire

When we do anything in Yorkshire, we always do it right!

The Olympic Torch Relay has been a fantastic opportunity for everyone to get involved in a 'once in a lifetime' event. 

Yorkshire people have lined the torch route to offer their support and encouragement to the many lucky torch bearers.  The atmosphere in Yorkshire has been amazing and everyone has been talking about this fantastic event. 

 The organisers of the event have done a fantastic job and it is them that I would like to personally thank for giving Yorkshire a 'Moment To Shine'.

If you weren't one of the lucky ones to see the torch en route, I hope you enjoy looking at my photographs from York and Leeds and that they will somehow make you feel a little closer to the incredible celebrations that have been taking place. 



Yours truly with the Olympic Torch in York


Pulse from Twist and Pulse


The Lord Mayor of York


The moment of glory for Torch Bearer Harvey Smith on stage in York


BBC's Tanya Arnold with Harvey Smith in York


The Olympic Couldron in York


Transferring the Olympic flame to a safe overnight location io York


Temple Newsam in Leeds


Massive crowds at Temple Newsam in Leeds


Crowds waiting for the Olympic Torch at Temple Newsam in Leeds


Leeds Moment To Shine!


The Lord Mayor of Leeds


Olympic Torch bearer Aaron Bell's moment of glory at Temple Newsam in Leeds


The Olympic Couldron in Leeds


Blue skies and sunshine at Temple Newsam in Leeds

1 comment:

  1. well at least Harvey didn't stick 2 fingers up at it ;)

    ReplyDelete