My photo
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I simply love Yorkshire and its magnificent scenery. Every season Yorkshire has something magical to offer. There's nothing better than getting my hiking boots on and disappearing into Yorkshire's superb countryside! I take my camera everywhere with me to ensure others can appreciate the many beautiful things that I see on my breathtaking walks. My photography has been featured on ITV Calendar, BBC Look North and has been published in The Yorkshire Ridings Magazine, The Yorkshire Dalesman, Country Walking Magazine and Countryfile magazine. Some of my images have been transformed into beautiful paintings by Yorkshire artists. At the end of 2013 I was selected to be the Face of Ordnance Survey. You can see me in the 'Explore More' campaign. Follow me on Twitter: @Yorkshireimages Email enquiries: NickyBusbyPhotography@yahoo.com

Saturday, 9 June 2012

A Day In The Dales Photograph/Painting to raise funds for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance at Wentbridge House

'A Day In The Dales'

I love sharing my photography with everyone. I like to show as many people as possible the wonderful scenery and attractions that Yorkshire has to offer.  For some, my images provide inspiration to get out and about with their camera. After looking at my photography, people often like to reminisce about Yorkshire places that they have visited a long time ago and have the urge to then re-visit those places again.  I also know of many people that are unable to get to the places that I visit due to ill health or other complications and I have been thanked on many occasions for sharing such remote and beautiful places with them.

It was January of this year that I decided to to head to Upper Wharfedale in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales for a circular hike from Kettlewell.  I took many photographs even though the grey overcast skies didn't provide optimum conditions for photography!   

When I got home I uploaded and shared some of my photographs from the day on my Facebook page.  I was lucky enough to have one of my images shown on ITV Calendar by weather presenter, Kerrie Gosney.
It was this photograph that caught the eye of Yorkshire Artist, Glenn Marshall from Bridlington.


Glenn very kindly asked if he could use my image for a future painting with a view to helping raise funds for The Yorkshire Air Ambulance.  After raising over £1100 for the YAA in June last year by completing the Six Dales Trail, a 35 mile hike from Otley to Middleham, which I completed on my own, I was more than happy for Glenn to transform this much liked image into a dramatic watercolour to help raise that little bit extra.


Glenn says "I work exclusively in the medium of watercolour, which I feel allows me the freedom and transparency I need to capture the essence and spirit of a place and importantly, the exclusive quality of light".

This painting along with the original photograph will be elegantly framed in gold wood and on display at Wentbridge House on Yorkshire Day (August 1st) where everybody will have the opportunity to place a bid in a silent auction on the day.  The highest bidder will be announced at the end of the day and all funds will then go to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance.

If you would like to see more of Glenn's work please visit: http://treeman.redbubble.com or email him for more information: Marshall-artz@live.co.uk

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog. Your support is greatly appreciated. Please share this page with a friend and help us raise much needed funds for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance. www.yorkshireairambulance.org.uk

Please follow me on Twitter: @Yorshireimages for future updates about this event.

Thank you


No comments:

Post a Comment