My photo
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I simply love Yorkshire and its magnificent scenery. Every season Yorkshire has something magical to offer. There's nothing better than getting my hiking boots on and disappearing into Yorkshire's superb countryside! I take my camera everywhere with me to ensure others can appreciate the many beautiful things that I see on my breathtaking walks. My photography has been featured on ITV Calendar, BBC Look North and has been published in The Yorkshire Ridings Magazine, The Yorkshire Dalesman, Country Walking Magazine and Countryfile magazine. Some of my images have been transformed into beautiful paintings by Yorkshire artists. At the end of 2013 I was selected to be the Face of Ordnance Survey. You can see me in the 'Explore More' campaign. Follow me on Twitter: @Yorkshireimages Email enquiries: NickyBusbyPhotography@yahoo.com

Sunday, 27 March 2011

Trollers Gill, Wharfedale, Yorkshire Dales (27.03.11)

I didn't think the weather was going to be as lovely as it was today! It was extremely pleasant to walk around in my shorts and a light jumper shortly after commencing my walk up Trollers Gill!

I parked at the side of the lane shortly before the entrance to Parcevall Hall.  The views across High Skyreholme to Simon 's Seat were a little hazy but as breath-taking as always. (I have lost count of the number of times I have looked out towards Trollers Gill from the top of there!!)

Following the lane towards Parcevall Hall there is a signed footpath that runs parallel with Skyreholme Beck. 

Listening to the babbling beck as you walk alongside it is very therapeutic after a long slog at work the previous week! As I made my way towards Trollers Gill I could here blue tits singing in the trees and the unique call of a curlew as it flew overhead. The grass footpath was very easy to follow...

Shortly after passing a barn on the left-hand-side crossing over a ladder style, you are welcomed by a wonderful stretch of landscape where Skyreholme Beck twists and turns below.

At this point, everywhere you look there is wonderful scenery!

And it continues!

And don't forget to look up!!

The haze was lifting and the sun was beginning to shine from this point on! I could see beautiful blue skies up above. Continuing along the well marked footpath ahead by the beck lead me to Trollers Gill.

I walked up Trollers Gill until reaching a narrow footbridge.  At this point I crossed the beck and a ladder style towards another well-marked path.

Looking back I could see spectacular views across Appletreewick Pasture.
After a short hike I had to stop and photograph what I thought was the most beautiful tree!

This, to me, showed a true image of the Yorkshire Dales!
I continued down the chalky track which lead me back to the foot of Trollers Gill.






No comments:

Post a Comment