My photo
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I simply love Yorkshire and its magnificent scenery. Every season Yorkshire has something magical to offer. There's nothing better than getting my hiking boots on and disappearing into Yorkshire's superb countryside! I take my camera everywhere with me to ensure others can appreciate the many beautiful things that I see on my breathtaking walks. My photography has been featured on ITV Calendar, BBC Look North and has been published in The Yorkshire Ridings Magazine, The Yorkshire Dalesman, Country Walking Magazine and Countryfile magazine. Some of my images have been transformed into beautiful paintings by Yorkshire artists. At the end of 2013 I was selected to be the Face of Ordnance Survey. You can see me in the 'Explore More' campaign. Follow me on Twitter: @Yorkshireimages Email enquiries: NickyBusbyPhotography@yahoo.com

Sunday, 5 December 2010

05 December 2010

I've had a super day today!

A.M.
I visited Fairburn Ings, nr Castleford in the morning to capture some of the many species of birds that have taken up habitiat at the RSPB nature reserve. The Ings were predominantly frozen due to the recent low temperatures.

P.M.
I went for a lovely woodland walk to Lindley Woods, just South East of the Washburn Valley, nr Harrogate.
There was still lots of virgin snow around, giving way to lots of excellent photo opportunities!
I love walking below the snow covered tree tops of the woods in the winter months. The temperature today remained just above freezing, so I was most appreciative of the flask of hot coffee that was in tow!  Although the sunshine was bright, it gave little warmth against the cool air.

5 comments:

  1. Great set of pics Nicky..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab pictures Nicky good Blog..This is Anonymous..By Clive..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking really good now Nicky, love the snow images. Malc

    ReplyDelete